- 3 Green
- 1 Lean
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 3 Condiment
The best part about this Zucchini Lasagna Recipe is that it’s low in fat and carbohydrates and yet delicious. It’s also vegan, low-carb, gluten-free, dairy-free, high in protein, and paleo!
Tip: You may decrease or leave out the crushed red pepper flakes if you don’t like spicy heat. Many of the spices are separated in this recipe.
Would your family eat Italian food every day? This nutritious and green Zucchini Lasagna recipe will provide you and your family with an on-plan Italian dinner that is second to none!
- Cooking Time
- Prep Time
1 lbs Zucchini sliced
2 cup fresh whole Tomatoes sliced
1 1/4 lbs Lean Ground Beef
3 oz Low-Fat Cream Cheese
1 tsp Salt divided
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 cup Basil Leaves
1 cup Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese shredded
Lean & Green Zucchini Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- Make zucchini lasagna noodles with a mandolin or a sharp knife. To make the lasagna “noodles,” cut the zucchini into 1/4-inch slices lengthwise. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and set aside for 20 to 30 minutes.
- While the noodles are setting aside, combine the ground beef (you may brown it before combining), pepper, cream cheese, and remaining salt in a mixing dish.
- Place the sliced zucchini in a casserole dish and dry it with a paper towel. Cover the zucchini with a thin layer of each: ground beef, cream cheese, and add a layer of basil leaves and tomato sliced.
- You may repeat Steps 1 through 3 until all of the layer ingredients have been used up. The final layer should be zucchini slices. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top as the grand finale.
- Place on a oven rack and bake for 30 minutes at 425°F. Cut into 4 equal pieces when cooked.