- 1 Lean
- 1 1/2 Green
- 3 Condiment
This Skillet Philly Cheese Steak recipe is an excellent way to satisfy your craving for the amazing flavors of a great Philly Cheesesteak. With an option to replace 1 cup of orange or yellow bell pepper with green bell pepper, you can customize it to your liking. By following this recipe, you can enjoy a delicious and healthy American meal that fits most healthy meal plans. Try it out and make it a part of your regular meal rotation!
- Difficulty: Easy
- Servings: 5
- Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs Beef Steak chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Onions chopped
- 1 cup Orange Bell Pepper sliced
- 1 cup Red Bell Peppers sliced
- 1 cup Yellow Bell Pepper sliced
- 1 medium Garlic Cloves
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger (optional)*
- 1 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Reduce Sodium Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- 3 tbsp Reduced Sugar Ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups Low-fat Provolone Cheese
LEAN & GREEN SKILLET PHILLY CHEESE STEAK
To make this delicious Skillet Philly Cheese Steak recipe, follow these simple instructions:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Cut the beef steak into bite-size pieces. Heat a skillet on high heat and lightly spray with cooking spray. Brown the beef steak, stirring often. Once browned, remove it from the skillet and cover it to keep it warm.
- In the same skillet, add the onions and cook on high heat until lightly browned on the edges. Remove the onions from the skillet and place them on top of the cooked beef steak. Cover it again to keep it warm.
- Using the same skillet, add approximately 1/8 cup of water if needed. Add the peppers and cook on high heat, stirring often until the edges are slightly browned. Remove the peppers from the skillet and place them on top of the onions. Cover it again to keep it warm.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for approximately 30 seconds. Then, add the ginger, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sriracha, and ketchup. Allow it to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return the steak, onions, and peppers back into the skillet with the spices. Stir to combine them together. Top it with provolone cheese.
- Place it in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, turn the oven to broil and cook for approximately 2 minutes or just until the cheese is melted and lightly browned. Watch it closely to avoid burning the cheese.